Article from Mandarin Museum & Historical Society.
The Mandarin Museum and Historical Society is partnering with the Mandarin Community Club in an effort to save the oldest remaining one room schoolhouse in Duval County and relocate it to Walter Jones Historical Park in Mandarin. The schoolhouse was built in 1889 as part of a mission established by the Sisters of St. Joseph in Mandarin to educate freed Blacks after the Civil War. The building was originally located on the property of the present day St. Joseph’s Catholic Church.
Continue reading the full article at the Mandarin Museum & Historical Society website.
Current & past news and announcements from Mandarin Community Club.